Sunday, December 20, 2009

Jacob gets an ouchie!

Jacob and I were at the elementary school the other day when he tripped and fell cutting his eyebrow.  I took him to the insta-care where they REFUSED to sew him up and INSISTED I go to a plastic surgeon.  We are talking about TWO stitches.  I think the guy was just lazy.  So the next morning we got up at 6:00 am and trucked on over the plastic surgeon's office.  TWO stitches later we get a bill for $1000.  Now what is wrong with this picture?   I think our system of health care is BROKEN.  But I won't open that can of worms this is a family friendly blog.



Do you REALLY think that was worth $1000?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He-- NO! Carly has fallen 3 times and cut open above her eye and her chin. Each time the dr just super glued it and put on some butterfly bandaids, so the last time she fell- I just glued it and put on a bandaid myself! Saved be a couple of hundred dollars! :) Good Luck!