My kids are fortunate to have grandparents that live on a real live farm. Grandpa Swenson even has chickens that go with his farm. Right now he is housing eight chickens and one rooster. I was trying to figure out how that works because if there is a rooster I thought that chickens wouldn't lay eggs that we eat.. but that they would lay eggs that have chicks. Maybe I need to have a birds and bees talk with myself about chicken reproduction. Anyway, to make a long story short, my kids were able to collect the eggs soon after the hens laid them!
How fun is that? I took home a dozen eggs tonight and tomorrow I will cook them up for breakfast! I am a little worried that a chick may hatch out into my frying pan. I just don't know how all that works....
1 comment:
Well...were there any chickens? I kinda want one. But, I don't think my landlord will let me.
Post a Comment