I am amazed at how David is becoming a little businessman. Today he asked me if when the leaves start to fall he could open up his own leaf raking business. I told him sure! Yesterday, he went over to our neighbors house and offered to pick all of her dandelions for $10. She agreed! He spent about an hour and picked every one of them. The funny thing is that halfway through he stopped and said to me, "mom I think I am going to tell her I will do this section of the lawn for $10 and that section of the lawn for $5." He was trying to RAISE the price. Jeez.
A few days ago I took the boys to the dollar store and bought them each a toy. David came home and ended up selling A PIECE of his toy (not the whole toy) to the neighbor. The bad thing is that he sold it for $5! That is quite a return on his investment. We had to do a little intervention about taking advantage of other children.
3 comments:
I'm so glad you have a blog (and that you invited me to be a reader!)!
I guess there is a good reason you named him David...the apple doesn't fall far from the tree eh?
Thanks for inviting me! You are all cuckoo, by the way. I'm not letting David near my house-- he'll try to charge me $20 to walk Stella!
Post a Comment