Daniel is a very what shall I say "free spirited" child. He has had difficulty adjusting to life as a kindergartner (if that is a word.) I can pretty much predict how our morning will go...
Mom: "wake up Dan"
Dan: "my tummy hurts."
Mom: "what would you like for breakfast?"
Dan: "my tummy hurts"
Mom: What would you like to wear today?"
Dan: My tummy hurts.
Mom: "Let's go to school and talk to your teacher about it".
Dan: My tummy hurts.
I swear that kid has an answer to everything. It just so happens to be "my tummy hurts."
Now don't get me wrong. I have tried to rule out why or IF his tummy is really hurting, but I come to the conclusion time and again, When he wakes up in the morning he needs to #1 do a #2 and #2 eat some food. Then the tummy issue is resolved. But can I tell Dan that? Of course not, I'm just his mother.
David has begun anticipating Dan's "freak outs" (definition: Excessive prolonged screaming over something that is fictional or completely out of your control.) In response to this David has offered numerous opinions like "what if we just gave Daniel away?" or "could we buy some earplugs for the freak-out times?" That David, he is innovative.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment